Together we protect what matters to you.
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing an alternative to conventional insurance for the independent retail community.
Born out of the NFRN, The Retail Mutual began life nearly 20 years ago, providing cover to independent newsagents. As the retail landscape has evolved, so too has the Mutual, growing up to become a first port of call for all independent retailers looking for an alternative to traditional business insurance. Either read on or click here to find out more.
Founded by retailers, for retailers, we exist solely to give our members peace of mind and to protect them in their time of need. With a portfolio of products available, we’ve got you covered.
Retail Mutual benefits
The Retail Mutual offers a range of benefits for its members, including:
– A member-owned, member-focused company – our members are at the heart of everything we do
– Bespoke, extensive and tailored cover – focused only on the needs of retailers
– 19 years of retailer know-how – built into everything we do
– Discretionary cover – we can pay claims that are beyond the standard scope of cover
– Weekly payments through Distributor news bills – we are the only cover provider able to offer this service
– No interest to pay on weekly or monthly payment plans – one price for all
– No admin fees or cancellations fees – a fairer service
– No IPT – unlike traditional insurance companies we are exempt from IPT, with savings passed onto members
– UK-based call centre – sympathetic, local and informed
Together we protect what matters to you
It is our community ethos that sets us apart from traditional insurance companies. As a collective, our aim is not to generate profits for shareholders, it is simply to support our members – the independent retail businesses on our high streets.
As part of our ongoing commitment to meeting both the current and future needs of our members we are continually growing, innovating and introducing new products and services. These include:
And new for 2018:
Pay for your cover weekly via your news bill
The Retail Mutual offers a range of payment options including interest-free monthly instalments – and if you are a news retailer you can even pay for your cover weekly via your Smiths or Menzies news bill.
For a free, no-obligation quote or to find out more about how we can protect you, your business, your home and your property, click here or call 0333 2127 263.
The Retail Mutual is a trading name of The NFRN Mutual Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FRN: 312391.
The NFRN Mutual Ltd is registered in England and Wales, No. 3810528. Registered office: 7 Maltings Place, 169 Tower Bridge Road, London, SE1 3JB.
The NFRN Mutual Ltd is managed by Regis Mutual Management Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FRN: 479202.
Regis Mutual Management Ltd is registered in England and Wales, No. 4194000. Registered Office: 7 Maltings Place, 169 Tower Bridge Road, London, SE1 3JB.